Monday, October 10, 2016

The Best Sunday

Hey everybody! 

This last week has been great! (I love that he starts every email with this statement!!)  Eva has been approved to be baptized this Saturday, and Michael was baptized this last Thursday!  Michael was so happy the entire time!  He was especially happy when we told him that now that he's been baptized, he can come out with us and help us teach others! It's so cool to see what a strong desire he has to share the same things that have helped him so much with everybody else! On top of all of this, Eva's son also moved in with her this last week! She's been trying to get her kids back for a long time now, so she's incredibly happy that he's here.  Eva, her son, and another investigator named Gilbert all attended Michael's baptism, and were really touched by it. And then all 3 of them made it to church as well!  

This Sunday was pretty amazing, because in Sacrament Meeting, not only was it one of the best fast and testimony meetings I've ever been in, but also: 1. Michael got confirmed, 2.  Michael got the  priesthood, 3. Victor (the man who was baptized a few weeks ago with his wife Mary Lou) got the priesthood, and 4. We had a ton of investigators that are working towards being baptized at church!   All in all, I'd say it was a pretty jam packed Sunday!  

This p-day has been really crazy, so this is about all I have time for, but I love you all! 

Elder Excell


Q&A - 10/10/2016

1.) I know you got an email today from someone pretty awesome and I'm anxious to hear what you thought about it!!  (Courtney arranged to have one of Ty's favorite piano composers, Michael R. Hicks, write a surprise email to him!  Needless to say, it was an awesome surprise for him!) -- It was so cool and really inspiring to hear from him!  I'm amazed that he would take time to write to me!  I'll tell her as well, but be sure to tell Courtney thanks for making that happen!

2.) Update on the Utes: they beat Arizona 36-23 on Saturday making their record 5-1 for the season. Go Utes!! :)  --  WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

3.) Did you get the package I sent with your winter stuff? Wanna make sure it arrived safely! -- Haven't seen the mail yet, but I'll let you know next week!

4.) Are you healthy? Are you happy?  --  Probably a little heavier than I would like to be, but other than that I'm doing great!

No comments:

Post a Comment