Thursday, February 23, 2017

Transfers - Another Idaho Companion!

Alex's Baptism
Hey everybody!

First of all, I'm a new uncle to the cutest baby ever! I'm so excited to meet and hold him someday!

Not a ton of time this week! Week one of transfers is always especially crazy! Especially since this time, we had a couple of different things change up with transfers since they were finalized. A couple of missionaries ended up not coming in the mission, a couple of missionaries who had to have their assignment changed, etc. Needless to say, it's been a crazy week, but I'm still loving it! 


Elder Wightman is leaving. He's going to go and be a district leader in Boulder City! My new companion is Elder Foiles, whose family also lives in Rexburg! (Maybe President just likes people from Idaho, haha.) I'm super happy to be with Elder Foiles! He's a really great guy, with a really big heart. He's going to do an awesome job in the office. He's definitely a little overwhelmed right now, but I know that he's going to get it figured out soon. Sister Underly will also be leaving the office.

Alex's baptism this last Saturday was really great! He's just so ready for the gospel! He's already excited to work towards getting the priesthood. I've also had another new investigator who has started to become really promising! His name is Tristan. He was a referral from the Spanish ward. He was already progressing really well earlier this week, and excited to be baptized, but this weekend, his excitement grew to a whole new level. He came to a "Why I Believe" fireside (a fireside the mission puts on once a month where recent converts and reactivated members share their conversion stories) and it really touched me! There was a missionary there who was a recent convert of about sixyears who was asked to share their testimony, and it was incredibly powerful! Tristan really felt the spirit, and recognized it. By the end of the fireside, he was saying how much he wanted to just be baptized right then! He's going to be an awesome addition to the ward!  

I don't really know too much about what the future holds for me six weeks from now, but I'm excited for the next six weeks and I'm really excited to be able to have another transfer serving so closely with President and Sister Snow! I've learned so much from them, and have grown so much since I've been in the office.

That's about all I have time for for today! I'll do my best to send some pictures of the baptism and some other things. I love you all!


Elder Excell

Also, P. S. I had kind of a random fun thing happen this week! We were at the office taking care of a few things, and guess who walked in… Elder Wihongi!!! Well, just Wihongi now I guess… Haha. It was super cool to see him again and to see how he's been doing! It definitely wasn't at all what I thought it would be like, but I really enjoyed seeing him again, and I'm definitely thinking that I have to catch up with him again after the mission! Glad I got the chance to see him. Definitely kicking myself that I didn't grab a picture though!

No comments:

Post a Comment