Monday, September 14, 2015

It's Becoming a Blur

Our day at the temple :)
 As I settle into the routine more and more, it's getting harder to think of things to include in my emails!  I guess that it's all just starting to blur together so it's hard to pick out specific things to talk about. This next week, I'll try to specifically look for things to write home about. For now, I'll include something I’ve learned this week so there's at least something in this letter, haha.

Patience is definitely hard. I'm definitely developing it with having to switch to the “day at a time” mentality that I'll need to be able to last 2 years without psyching myself out. One thought I really like (that came from the movie Evan Almighty of all places) is that if we pray for patience, God doesn't give us patience, he gives us opportunities to be patient. Kind of stressful, haha. It does make me think twice about praying for humility too.  ;)

Adventures of a Mission Barber


Also, someone asked what my daily routine looks like:
6:30-wake up/exercise. Usually some weights in the gym. 
7:00-get ready for the day/breakfast
8:00-personal and companion study
10:00- sometimes different stuff like district meeting or weekly planning, but usually just go out and work and teach until lunch, then go back out and teach til dinner (at a members house) then work until 9 or 9:30. Then come home and plan for the next day, then get ready for bed and start it all over again the next day. 
Making Grandma's Cookies
Something I’ve been thinking about a lot this week: I'm a big believer in the fact that almost the only thing you have absolute control of in life is how you react to situations and how you feel. So why wouldn't you choose to look at the good stuff and be happy!?!? 

That's all for this week!  I'd love to hear from you!

Q&A   9/14/15
1.) Do you pull your bike into your apartment each night or do you have a place that you lock it up tight? --We keep the bikes in the apartment every night.

2.) How often do you get to go to the temple?  --We get to go once a quarter, but new missionaries and their companions get to go an extra time in the first transfer.

3.) Best moment of the week?  --It's hard to narrow them down! Probably teaching the Martin family. They're a part member family. The kids are 12, 14, and 16. None are baptized because the dad has a rule about not being baptized until you're 16, but the oldest girl is turning 16, and he wants her to take the missionary discussions before she's baptized. The mom and kids have been super active these last few years since the oldest daughter started to be curious about it, so they're all already really passionate about the gospel and just a lot of fun to teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment