Monday, November 28, 2016

A New Opportunity to Serve

Central/Sunrise Zone
Hey Family and Friends!

Just when I thought it couldn't possibly get any crazier, this weekend has been even crazier than almost all the ones before!  As you may know, this week is transfer week, and I have a new assignment! I've been asked to serve as an assistant to President Snow! For those of you who aren't really familiar with missions, district leaders help 8-10 missionaries with their work, zone leaders help 3-4 district leaders with all of their missionaries, and the assistants to the president (me and one other missionary) help all of the zone leaders in the mission. I'm definitely really overwhelmed!  It'll mean I'll spend a lot of time working really closely with President Snow, and will be traveling all over the mission! It's a ton of responsibility. I know that on my own, I couldn't possibly handle this new assignment, but I also know that with the Lords help, I can do all things!

I'll be serving in another YSA ward - the Robindale YSA Ward! And, I'll be serving with Elder Wightman from Rexburg. 


Unfortunately, my new assignment will mean I'll be even busier than usual on pday, so my emails might not always be the longest, but I'll do my best! 

I love you all! I know I couldn't do any of this without your love, prayers, and support. Thank you, and happy holidays!

Elder Excell

Thanksgiving with the Littlefields!




Q&A - 11/28/2016
1.) What was the most memorable part of your Thanksgiving? Foods? Traditions? It's cool to celebrate with new people in new ways. I'm so grateful to the Littlefield's for including you in their day!!  --  It was way fun to be with the Littlefields! They're a great family, and they had a huge Thanksgiving party with lots of people!

2.) Now that you've had a day for things to sink in, how are you feeling about your new responsibilities? Are you doing OK? Are you happy?  (Note from Mom:  We got the most wonderful surprise on Saturday, 11/26 - an unexpected phone call from our missionary!! President Snow had asked him to call us and let us know that he was being asked to serve as an assistant to the President.  To say that we were surprised and thrilled to hear his voice would be an understatement!!)  --  I'm super excited! It's definitely a lot, and I'm a little overwhelmed right now, but I feel like I do well when under pressure.  I'm also super excited to work so closely with President Snow!

3.) Is Elder Tupou with you? We were curious what he would be doing in the midst of the changes with you.  --  He's hanging out with some other missionaries. Elder Green and Elder Wightman came and picked me up Sunday night. The last day or two has been crazy! I'll try to tell you more about what I've been doing next week.
Amber Miller

Me and Elder Tupou with Anna and Jennifer

Me and Bradley

Derek Lang

David Howe

No comments:

Post a Comment