Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Five Loaves and Two Fishes

Hey everybody!

Lots to write about this week and not much time, but I'll do my best!

First off, baptism! It was amazing! Laura and Bubba have such great spirits, and they're the last people in their family to be baptized, so now the family can be complete and go to the temple in the near future! The baptism service was great too! The branch really showed a lot of support! And it had very little to do with us. We would call people asking if they were available to help, and they would tell us that they had already been contacted, were planning on it, and had things ready for it! I love this branch!
The baptism! As you can see, lots of support from the branch!
This Sunday we had a really good sacrament meeting. It was sort of like a testimony meeting, but instead of sharing testimonies, everyone shared their favorite scripture and why it was their favorite scripture. There was such a great spirit, and it really reminded me how grateful I am for the scriptures! They're such a blessing and have so much potential to bring us closer to Christ if we really dig into them and find ways to apply them in our lives.

Along with that thought, I thought I would share my ponderizing scripture for the week.
Ephesians Chapter 4:
  • 11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
  • 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
  • 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

This scripture talks about the structure of the church that Christ established. He established it with apostles, prophets, and priesthood authority, and there are so many blessings that come from having that structure on the earth today. It's there to help us be unified, to perfect ourselves, and to become more like Christ. There are lots of good lights on this subject in D. Todd Christofferson's October 2015 conference talk, “Why the Church”.  Would strongly recommend! Especially because he explains it a lot better than I do!

Also, we had a total “five loaves and two fishes” miracle this week! It can sometimes be hard to get supplies like Books of Mormon and pamphlets when you're out of valley, and we ran out of Books of Mormon early his week. But somehow, we kept on finding more in the most random places throughout the week! The Lord provides!

I love you all! 

Elder Excell

  
Q&A - 5/30/2016
1.) What was the funniest thing that happened to you this week?  --Probably Singspiration Part 2! Although it didn't feel as crazy as the first one. Maybe it's just because I'm more used to the crazy now. Or maybe I'm starting to be crazy... Who knows, haha. 


2.) What are your favorite British words or phrases you've picked up?  --Let's see... I say "oh my days" a lot now. I also say, "bin" instead of garbage can, "Hoover" instead of vacuum, and I say "oi!" A lot. And lots of others, but I can't remember them!

No comments:

Post a Comment